Sunday, January 23, 2011

Inertia Prints on ThatsTheHookup

Found this interview with Josh Falk on ThatsTheHookup.com about the Inertia Prints. Reposted here for your enjoyment:


"We took this opportunity to talk to Falk and find out what went into to these hand-screened/spray-painted prints.


TTHU: How did this collaboration come about?
FALK: I created a t-shirt design with AntiDesigns and this image is an alteration of that. This one is for the art collectors out there.
TTHU: Where did you guys do the screenprinting?
FALK: Jay LaCouture of AntiDesigns did the screenprinting. It is a multi-color print, so the layout and the inks had to be done by Jay, a true professional. I picked these particular colors because I wanted something loud and obnoxious, like being sucked into the headlights on a lonely dark road. Of course, I don’t drive, so I guess that’s how I picture headlights looking, but you get the point!
TTHU: How did you choose cardboard as the backdrop for this work?
FALK: We are always trying to come up with something different, and if we don’t need to kill a tree or skin a calf then why would we? Jay found a flat-screen television box and I rummaged through dumpsters, and next thing we know we had enough perfect stock to complete the project.
TTHU: It’s always nice to take someone’s garbage and make it beautiful. If you want to come by our office we have a half-eaten ham sandwich and some used condoms that might make for interesting canvas!
FALK: Hmmm…not sure I have enough paint to cover a condom of that girth.
TTHU: Hahaha. Touché! Are the prints signed and numbered?
FALK: Yes sir. Signed and numbered by Josh Falk.
TTHU: What can we look forward to seeing from you in the future?
FALK: I’m in the process of developing a new mixed-media piece that I will be sure to let you know about when it is ready.
TTHU: Sounds great. Thanks for your time. We have really enjoyed watching your work develop and grow over the past few years.
FALK: Thank you, and thanks to everyone for supporting my art."

No comments:

Post a Comment